GE Appliances, a Haier company Appliance Service Technician - for San Francisco, San Jose, San Mateo, Sunnyvale, CA in San Jose, California
USA, San Jose, CA
USA, San Francisco, CA
Job Posting Title
Appliance Service Technician - for San Francisco, San Jose, San Mateo, Sunnyvale, CA
GE Appliances (GEA) is seeking an appliance Factory Service Technician (FST) who is knowledgeable, customer centric and embraces emerging technology. This position is responsible for ensuring excellent consumer experience during after-sales in-home service. The appliance repair technician will be responsible for visiting the consumer’s home, diagnosing and repairing while documenting the activities. At GEA we provide the following benefits to our Appliance Service Technicians:
• Service van
• Specialized tools
• Uniforms and work boots
• Laptop computer and Smartphone
• Home/Remote dispatched
• Industry training
• Various incentive plans
• 401K and Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays (Up to 12 days)
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, etc.
What you will Do
Service Area: CA Peninsula, San Jose, San Mateo, or Sunnyvale and the surrounding areas
· Conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances.
· Operate assigned service van through an assigned route to multiple repair locations.
· Record all activities via computer system or designated process related to repairs, daily routes, and other activities.
· Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
· Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
· Wear designated uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with GEA values.
· Accept remote dispatching through an onboard computer
· Manage maintenance and stock inventory of assigned service van
· Drive service van with unwavering attention to safety utilizing methods as trained by Smith Defensive Driving and/or other specified safety programs
· Promote and sell GE Appliances service contracts, water filters, and other products
· Meet productivity and efficiency goals as established
· Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high quality service
· Diligent use of proper safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others
· Wear and/or use all appropriate company provided PPE safety equipment
· Prompt and regular attendance
GEA will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation, physical, and drug screen.
· HS Diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Possess and maintain a valid state driver's license for the state in which you are applying
· 2 years of appliance repair or refrigeration experience is preferred
· Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and schematics
· CFC Certification is required to have or be willing to obtain (applicants holding a master-level trade/occupational license(s), i.e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor, Plumbing may be used to qualify or given hiring preference and additional compensation based on business needs).
What you need to Succeed
· Strong communication skills
· Self-directed and strong team player
· Demonstrate empathy for consumer’s needs and requirements
· Must provide verifiable, stable work history
· Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information.
· Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime
· Ability to deescalate situations and rebuild customer confidence in our products
· Ability to diagnose and repair major appliances
· Ability to use a wide range of hand tools, power tools, and vibratory tools
· Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation, including, but not limited to:
o Ability to sit and drive for extended periods of time in a service van
o Ability to step up, into, and out of the service van daily
o Ability to handle/work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet
o Ability to use frequently powered hand tools and occasional use of vibratory tools/equipment
o Ability to handle and lift parts or materials – minimum of 77 lbs. lifting/carrying and 70 lb. pushing/pulling is required
o Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach at shoulder level, reach at waist level, bend, push/pull, grasp, pinch, and fine motor/manipulations skills
o Occasional reaching overhead, reaching at knee and floor levels, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs/ladders, pivoting, twisting, neck flexion/extension/rotation, shoulder circumduction, and laying supine
· 2+ years of appliance repair experience is preferred
· Certification in appliance repair or AAS degree preferred
GEA is always reviewing its jobs to find ways to make them less physically demanding and/or to identify additional physical demands that should be evaluated to ensure applicants have the necessary abilities to perform essential job functions safely and successfully. From time to time, GEA implements new physical demands during the period after applicants began the hiring process but before a hiring decision is made. In these instances, GEA will apply the new, updated physical demands when it makes the hiring decision. If necessary, GEA will require applicants to be retested to make an informed decision about their abilities to be employed in the position sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat of harm.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.