GE Appliances, a Haier company Sr. Manufacturing Quality Engineer in Louisville, Kentucky
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Sr. Manufacturing Quality Engineer
The Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer executes operational and strategic efforts focused on product quality improvement, with primary oversight of the product/component testing, manufacturing control plan (MCP) and auditing processes in the manufacturing areas supporting the Apron and Paint processes of AP1 Laundry production.
What you will Do
What You Will Do :
· Work with team to determine projects & quarterly goals to improve yield, scrap, issues impacting product performance and other COQ’s. Work with Support Operations Leader and PIE’s to prioritize funding/resources.
· Partner with plant operations personnel to promote a team that reacts aggressively to identify factory process inefficiencies, and escalates issues as necessary, to drive their resolution.
· Provide guidance to the broad New Product Introduction (NPI) team regarding manufacturing process capabilities for application to new designs, processes or geometries. Include selection of Critical to Quality characteristics (CTQs) to the vital few. Implement the appropriate control and measurement method on selected CTQs.
· Live, promote and support the Appliance Performance System (APS) philosophy and drive continuous improvement in the quality area.
· Support work station documentation process; create, update and maintain Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCI’s), visual aid and alerts (single point lessons) as needed.
· Own all aspects of the testing process, including data analysis to drive yield, COQ and scrap metrics as defined in goals & objectives. Drive escalation of product, process, part and/or tester issues. Ensure MCI/MCP is followed and audit the test process & the pass/fail limits. Work with the PIE’s and Technology to drive immediate actions/projects to improve metrics.
· Analyze data as part of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and implement escalation plans as required by MCI/MCP. Create SPC for key metrics per the MCP. Monitor data trends and identify root cause if out of control and lead corrective actions.
· Support the ongoing calibration, troubleshooting, spare part requirements and preventative maintenance of procured equipment/gauges in responsible area.
· Lead or participate in audits to the MCP for assigned areas. Drive closure / resolution to noted deficiencies.
· Partner with plant operations personnel to promote a team that reacts aggressively to identified factory process non-conformances, and escalates issues as necessary, to drive their resolution.
· Collaborate with factory operations team to improve product quality through the identification and elimination of root cause of issues. Utilize Lean manufacturing concepts to facilitate the success and validation of manufacturing processes.
· Coach Team Members to ensure escalation and response / CAR / continuous improvement processes are followed for quality-related issues.
What you need to Succeed
What You Need to Succeed :
Prior relevant military service will be considered in relation to required/desired qualifications.
Experience with manufacturing quality/ quality improvement projects and/or process improvement in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment
Experience with Lean manufacturing principles
Ability to work in large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members)
Good communication skills – will be expected to provide program report outs to cross-functional team.
Good organizational, project management and presentation skills to interact with all levels within the organization and with suppliers and vendors
Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to drive decisions based on the overall benefit to the company
Leadership experience or has played a lead role in the definition, design, implementation and troubleshooting of quality and/or manufacturing processes.
Project tracking and detailed planning skills required.
Demonstrated ability to engage and influence cross-functionally, demonstrated project management success for internal and external resources
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline OR equivalent 5 years’ hands on experience in manufacturing quality disciplines
5+ years of experience with manufacturing quality/NPI quality projects and process improvement
Experience interpreting data to solve problems associated with high volume, short cycle manufacturing of consumer products.
Ability to work within large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members).
Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Auto Cad, Minitab and Outlook.
Six Sigma Certified
Quality Leadership experience
Lean Manufacturing experience
Experience in appliance or similar high volume manufacturing processes
Working conditions are normal for a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
This position will be located in Louisville, KY.
Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances will not offer sponsorship assistance for this role
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.