GE Appliances, a Haier company Material Planning Manager in La Fayette, Georgia
USA, La Fayette, GA
Job Posting Title
Material Planning Manager
• Manage a team of planners responsible for material management of raw components.
• Coach and train planners to excel at parts management.
• Create metrics to track material availability and RWIP performance.
• Create new processes to improve supplier performance, reduce expedites, and reduce inventory without causing downtime on the production lines
• Develop strategic relationship with key suppliers to improve delivery and quality metrics.
• Be a plant liaison to corporate buying group in the supplier selection process for components.
• Work with logistics internal delivery team and logistics engineering team to develop world class material flow and management processes.
• Develop and manage a robust cycle count process for components and negative inventory management.
• Work with central team to create new consolidation and logistics center to create most efficient parts management.
• Lead all NPI activities from logistics group for successful product launch.
What you will Do
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field
5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management and Negotiation
3+ years of leading people
What you need to Succeed
Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain concepts and parts flow
Effective at developing people and performance
Understanding of lean concepts
Understands and employs basic change management methodology
Flexibility and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
Thorough knowledge and understanding of material flow related to material requirements planning (MRP)
Knowledge of transportation requirements, customs clearance, transportation modes, and expedite processes both domestically and internationally
Must possess sound judgment, planning and analytical skills to relate to management, production and supply base contacts
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.